September 9, 2017
When it’s Time to Replace Your Air Conditioner
You’ve gotten yet another costly repair quote and your trusted service technician is advising you to replace your aging air conditioner or face more repair quotes like the one you’re looking at right now. It’s probably a good idea to heed the advice but now you have the daunting task of choosing an essential home appliance that will hopefully serve you for 10+ years to come. An air conditioning replacement in Jacksonville should be carefully thought through because it is not only an expensive piece of equipment but one that you will own for many years to come. Consider these things and discuss them with your qualified technician as he’ll be able to answer your questions thoroughly and help you through the process.
- Energy rating. Most AC units will have an energy rating that indicates how efficient it will be. Discuss the options of what’s available and for what price.
- Warranties and rebates. Look at what each model offers for both manufacturer warranties as well as possible rebates currently on offer. You’ll want to examine these with the help of an AC company as the rebates can change often and they can advise you on the different rebates available.
- Make sure you have the correct sizing. An AC expert will be able to guide you in choosing the makes and models that will work best in your home based on your needs.
- If you know you may need to replace your AC unit in the near future, don’t wait until a heat wave hits to make your decision. Cooling companies will be extremely busy during a heat wave and you want to go into the decision unrushed by sweltering temperatures.
- Consider your budget. Have a rough idea of what you can afford and what other financial options might be available to you.
- Ask about the maintenance requirements of the models you’re considering to make sure there are no surprises when it comes to maintaining the unit over it’s lifetime.
A reputable company that does air conditioning replacement in Jacksonville will be able to answer all of your questions and be able to help you in making the best choice considering your circumstances. Be clear about how you use your air conditioner and how many people are living under your roof. If you have a family of 6 and like to keep your home frigid, your needs will be vastly different than a household of 2 who keep it a few degrees cooler than it is outdoors. The best choice will be one that will keep you comfortable, at a price that you can afford for years to come.