September 11, 2017
Choosing a Reputable Air Conditioning Company in Jacksonville
When the weather is hot and humid, you rely on your air conditioning unit to keep you cool. This is particularly important for young children, the elderly and those with health conditions made worse when the mercury is on the rise. When your air conditioner is not working properly you’ll need a competent HVAC contractor to get your AC unit up and running again. A quick search in the local listings will reveal numerous potential companies and it can be daunting to choose the one that will serve you best. You’re depending on them to provide sound, honest advice and to conduct the work in a timely manner. There’s a lot to consider especially when most homeowners don’t have a working knowledge of how AC units work. Here are a few things to do when you’re choosing an air conditioning company in Jacksonville.
- Ask friends and family for referrals. You’ll get an honest review of their experiences, both good and bad, of the companies that they have used, including whether or not they show up on time or sometimes whether they showed up at all. Anyone who has dealt with contractors knows that showing up and on time is half the battle.
- Look for companies that offer testimonials on their website. If there are none, skip to the next one. A reputable company will have great testimonials and will be happy to share them with potential customers.
- Call several companies to get an idea of the cost of the home visit over the phone. It can be very tough for a contractor to give a price for a specific repair over the phone for a variety of reason. A reputable company will be able to tell you the price for them to come out to your home upfront and how they handle repairs and pricing after that point. You’re looking for a company that is not trying to hide anything.
- Reputable companies will also suggest simple things for you to try before they come out to your home to make sure they’re not making an unnecessary visit, saving you time and money.
- Reputable companies will offer warranties, work guarantees and of course be fully insured. Don’t be afraid to ask or look for that information on their website.
You definitely don’t want to be left sweating it out in the heat if you’re AC quits working or seems to be working overly hard. Staying up on your repairs and maintenance will keep your air conditioning unit working for years of problem free service. Follow the above points and you’ll have no problem finding a good AC company that will serve you with honesty and integrity.